- Tsukasa Ishiwata, Alexander Gregor, Terunaga Inage & Kazuhiro Yasufuku, Advances in Interventional Diagnostic Bronchoscopy for Peripheral Pulmonary Lesions, Expert Review of Respiratory Medicine, 2019 Jul;25, 1-13
- Shafiq M, Lee H, Yarmus L, et al., Recent Advances in Interventional Pulmonology, Ann Am Thorac Soc. 2019 Jul;16(7), 786-796
- Murgu Septimiu Dan, Robotic Assisted-bronchoscopy: Technical Tips And Lessons Learned From The Initial Experience With Sampling Peripheral Lung Lesions , BMC Pulmonary Medicine (2019) 19:89, 2-8
- Chen AC, Gildea TR, Gillespie CT, et al., Robotic-assisted Bronchoscopic Biopsy of Peripheral Pulmonary Lesions in a Cadaveric Model With Simulated Tumor Agents, Chest. Vol 154, Issue 4, Supplement, p1113A-1114A
- Chen AC, Gillespie CT. Robotic Endoscopic Airway Challenge: REACH Assessment, Ann Thorac Surg. 2018 Jul;106:, 293-297
- Rojas-Solano JR, Ugalde-Gamboa L, Machuzak M., Robotic Bronchoscopy for Diagnosis of Suspected Lung Cancer: A Feasibility Study., J Bronchology Interv Pulmonol. 2018 Jul;25, 168-175
Complications from bronchoscopy are rare and most often minor, but if they occur, may include breathing difficulty, vocal cord spasm, hoarseness, slight fever, vomiting, dizziness, bronchial spasm, infection, low blood oxygen, bleeding from biopsied site, or an allergic reaction to medications. Only rarely do patients experience other more serious complications (for example, collapsed lung, respiratory failure, heart attack and/or cardiac arrhythmia).